On a quiet session the children and I chose to make this Easter Chick which was nice and easy and I will now tell you how:
You will need:
Two different colours of card
Black and Red felt tip pen
Gold fabric and netting or yellow feathers
Double Sided Tape
What to do:
1. Draw round a plate/bowl for the body.
2. With any spare draw and cut out two big feet (add stripes or colour in).
3. With the same colour draw a diamond shape and cut out for the beak. Fold in half.
4.Cut 2 strips of the opposite colour and concertina for the legs.
5. Get 2 feathers or cut a jagged feather shape out of material (a rough triangle will do).
(Do the same with netting if using fabric. This will stick on top of the fabric for texture)
6. Stick it all together with glue or double sided tape depending on the age of the child.
Legs and wings are stuck behind the body. Draw 2 eyes and colour/decorate as preferred.
Hope you enjoy making this Easter Chick, this can also be adapted into a Red Robin in Autumn time.
Until next time,
Kate at S-T-O-C-K-S